1. Strictly following The Chicago Manual of Style (15th ed., 2003, Grammarian PRO2 spells out numbers from one to one hundred instead of The Harbrace College Handbook (15th ed., 2002) one to ten, Spell out numbers from one to ten. .
The Chicago Manual of Style (15th ed., 2003), our preferred guide, says that in nontechnical writing, we should spell out "whole numbers from one through one hundred, round numbers, and any number beginning a sentence" (380). Chicago provides an alternative for technical writers, which is to spell out "only single-digit numbers." The authors point out, though, that such rules "should be used with flexibility so as to avoid such awkward locutions as '12 eggs, of which nine were laid yesterday'" (381).
The Harbrace College Handbook (15th ed., 2002) tells writers, "When you use numbers frequently, spell out those from one to nine and use figures for all others." But in situations where numbers are used infrequently, Harbrace encourages writers to "spell out numbers that can be expressed in one or two words and use figures for the others" (184).
• Plus many other new small features and small fixes too many to mention.
2. PRO2 has an extensive Phase Usage Dictionary update to these dictionaries: BOOKISH PHRASES, CLICHE EXPRESSIONS, EUPHEMISMS, EXTREMELY FORMAL, FAULTY PHRASES, REDUNDANT PHRASES, VAGUE PHRASES, WORDY PHRASES.
3. PRO2 incorporates a new Australian Dictionary (Australian + British)
4. PRO2 adds over 2300 new AutoCorrections with an autoupdate mechanism.
5. PRO2 incorporates a new and expanded Spelling Suggestions Root-word and prefix/suffix checking algorithm.
6. PRO2 adds an exported clipboard format information window available from check selection windows - Options Menu.
7. PRO2 adds a new up-to-date dictionary/thesaurus update.
8. PRO2 includes a new spelling engine upgrade, grammar and punctuation engine upgrade.
9. The 64-bit Snow Leopard compatible input method menu is now named "Grammarian". The 32-bit input menu component is named "Grammarian32".
10. PRO2 adds an 8 times faster application launching speedup improvement over all versions.